Speed Sculpts (3)


Here's a repository for speed sculpts and mini-projects that aren't a part of my W.I.P. program. I'm very slow when it comes to completing projects, so I've started undertaking more of these for practice. I usually get my inspiration from Reddit, and I think it'll be amusing if I neglect to mention context.

---

3. 7/10/14 - Investigator


He's way too leery, but I'm not sure if that can be helped. About 14 hours for this one.

---

2. 28/09/14 - Sopwith Unicorn/Narwhal/Rhino?


This one is a melee biplane. Not much speed in this one; it took me about 4 - 5 days. Tried my hand at HDR lighting in ZBrush. Pretty neat! Got some hard surface practice too.

I spent ages figuring out and redoing the lance machinery, and idiotically wasted an afternoon designing how the swiveling and angling would work. Scribbles on paper and everything. Which can't be seen. Because it was too crappy. So I hid it in the end. Such is life.

I was also considering ways to implement a believable counterweight system. I need to stop over-thinking things, my friend has started appending feature-creep to my name.


Here's the pilot, the only real speed sculpt here. Took me about 5 hours to sculpt the fellow and the scarf.

---

1. 19/09/14 - Wavy Seal


A wavy seal! 'nuff said. Whole thing took approximately 5 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC; more resources at BlogXpertise